Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences
Full-time Departmental RA
The Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences at the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences at the American University of Beirut (AUB) invites candidates to apply for the full-time Departmental Research Assistant position. Appointments are for an initial period of one year.
· MSc in Chemistry, Medical Lab, Food Science or Nutrition
· 2-3 years of experience
· Good interpersonal skills
· Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic
· Supervise activities at the Nutrition and Food Science Laboratories.
· Assist in preparing food analysis experiments
· Perform laboratory analysis for services and outreach purposes
· Assist and coach students working on research projects and tutorials
· Oversee lab safety procedures
· Follow-up on equipment maintenance, annual service contracts and licenses
· Identify and maintain research equipment and laboratory essentials
· Order and receive lab supplies, consumables, equipment, chemicals, and keeping inventory
· Study and prepare applications for equipment purchase submissions and negotiation letters for the department
· Draft reports on usage of lab equipment For further information about AUB: URL: http://www.aub.edu.lb, FAFS: http://www. aub.edu.lb/fafs and NFSC: http://www.aub.edu.lb/fafs/nfsc
Interested persons may send their current resume/curriculum vitae and official transcripts to:
Chairperson, Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, American University of Beirut, P. O. Box: 11-0236, Riad El Solh, Beirut 1107 2020, Lebanon.
Deadline: Friday, August 11, 2017
E-Mail: Prof Imad Toufeili: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The American University of Beirut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The home page is available at http://www.aub.edu.lb.