Career Counseling Services are available to FHS current students and alumni. The mission of career counseling services at FHS is to enhance opportunities and preparation of students and alumni for the job market in Lebanon, the region and beyond. FHS graduates are well prepared to assume positions in a variety of organizations as well as to continue their education in the field of public health and other related fields.
FHS career counseling services include:
- One-to-one consultation meetings with career counselor: students are encouraged to take an appointment with FHS career counselor to identify their interests and abilities, discuss career options and identify internship and job opportunities and/or options for further education. The one-to-one appointments are impartial, confidential and focused on individual needs and interests.
- Career events with alumni: FHS organizes networking events to link the students with alumni who have had successful careers and who share their experiences with the students and assist them in identifying additional resources for career development.
- Events with potential employers: FHS also provides the opportunity for students to meet with potential employers to discuss available and future opportunities and give them insight into the industry and on employer values.
- Identification of opportunities for internships, jobs, scholarships and continuing education for students and alumni: FHS encourages the students to build useful experience alongside their studies, and accordingly endeavors to identify internships and jobs to assist the students in providing evidence of their skills and knowledge in real life situations.
Many FHS graduates enter the work force upon graduation and find well-paying jobs. Below are some examples of these jobs:
• Public/governmental agencies • Non-governmental organizations• International organizations • UN agencies • Academic/research institutions• Private companies (including pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, medical equipment companies, etc.)• Academic/research institutions
Practicum Coordinator and Career Counsellor
Faculty of Health Sciences
Van Dyck Hall
PO Box 11-0236
Riad El-Solh, Beirut 1107 2020 Lebanon
For appointments: firstname.lastname@example.org