To be placed on the Dean's Honor List at the end of a given Fall or Spring Term, a student must:
- Be carrying at least twelve credits of required courses;
- Not be repeating the term nor have an outstanding probation;
- Have passed all the courses of the Term and attained an overall average in the required courses of 85 or more, or of 80 or more while ranking approximately in the top 10% of the class;
- Not have been subjected to any disciplinary action within the University; and
- Be deemed worthy by the Dean to be on the Dean's Honor List.
FAFS Students' Awards
The Aana Prizes
- The Aana Prizes recognize outstanding achievements by agribusiness students at the American University of Beirut in the areas of benefit to community and innovation. These prizes were established in 2014 to encourage and enable students to launch careers in the field following their studies. Students are eligible for the Aana Prizes through their participation in the course Agribusiness Final Year Project – AGBU 292.
Edgecombe Memorial Prize
- A monetary award of $500 granted to the outstanding student in the 4th year Agriculture program.
The Joanna Haidar Award
- Annual award of $500 to a deserving and needy AREC student having a cumulative average of 75 and above. The student should be environmentally aware and interested in agricultural practices and development.
Dean Thomas Sutherland Prizes
- Awarded annually at graduation to outstanding Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences graduates. For undergraduate excellence, $500 to the recipient of the Penrose Award for the year. For graduate excellence, $1000 to the M.S. graduate with the thesis judged best overall for design, research, presentation, and contribution to its field.
- Non-cash honorary awards made on the basis of scholarship, character, leadership and contribution to University life to the outstanding graduate of each Faculty.
Abdul Hadi Debs Endowment Award for Academic Excellence
- It is an annual award to graduating students, preferably at the graduate level. Each Faculty will nominate one candidate with outstanding academic record, and who has demonstrated research capabilities through a paper, project or thesis deemed by the Faculty worthy of publication. The recipients will receive equally a cash award depending on the amount generated by the endowment. The maximum amount of each award shall not exceed $ 1,000. The award will be announced during the reception preceding or following Commencement Exercises. Each student will receive a check and a certificate.
Dean Nuhad Daghir FAFS Graduate Student Award
- This award is set at $1000 and will go to the graduating student with a Master's degree from the Department of Animal and Veterinary Sciences who succeeded to accumulate the highest average over his/her graduate studies at AUB.
Dr. Musa Najib Nimah Endowed Award for Academic Excellence
- Annual award of $1000 granted to a graduating student at the undergraduate level from the Agriculture Program who has the highest cumulative GPA.
The Nehme Moujaess Student Award in Landscape Architecture
- Annual award of $1000 granted to final year Landscape Architecture students whose final year project is selected by the Department as the most deserving.