The Beirut Breast Cancer Conference focuses on updates on the different treatment modalities adopted in the new era of treatment of breast cancer disease. The conference aims at bridging gaps in knowledge as well as becoming a platform for a multidisciplinary approach in Breast Cancer.
The mission of this conference is to share and improve care in Breast Cancer and to highlight the fact that with new treatment modalities and supportive care, women's survival is improving.
Our aim is to bring together a diverse audience to create a standardized appropriate delivery of care to all breast cancer patients.
Also, read about the Breast Cancer Conference at the ASCO Connection website
After attending this activity, the participant will demonstrate the ability to:
- Implement new recommendations for treatment of breast cancer and its subtypes.
- Discuss the importance of palliative care and end of life counseling for patients with breast cancer.
- Explain how biomarkers and tumor receptors can influence treatment optimization of breast cancer in order to improve outcomes and quality of life.
- Learn how a Multidisciplinary approach can be reached through Multidisciplinary tumor board discussion
- Have an overview on Nursing and Clinical pharmacist integrative role in this field.
This annual scientific meeting has been designed for physicians, researchers, scientists, physicians-in-training and medical students, as well as pharmacists, nurses, patient advocates. Breast cancer basic and clinical researchers, policymakers, and research promoters/funders are also encouraged to attend.
This symposium is pending approval for Lebanese Order of Physicians Continuing Medical Education, the Lebanese Order of Pharmacists, the Order of Nurses in Lebanon and ANCC
American University of Beirut Medical Center is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.