The Office of Information Technology has prepared a set of tools to assist you with working from home. This page contains recommended tools that will help you access critical applications, share documents, conduct meetings and get the IT support remotely.
- Start by storing all your files on OneDrive, which provides you with a 1TB free storage. By doing so, you will be able to securely access them from any device, anywhere and anytime.
- To install the OneDrive application on your device, click here.
- Once installed on your computer, you can store your files on OneDrive like you would in any other folder.
- To access OneDrive from your browser click here and log in using your AUBNet username and password.
- To learn what more you can do with OneDrive click here.
- You can also create, share documents and collaborate with others by using the Office 365 suite of applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.).
- To download the Office 365 suite to your computer, follow the instructions at the Office 365 page, you can also use Office 365 by pointing your web browser here.
- Use your AUBNet username and password to log in
- To access your e-mail from any computer:
- Use your browser to access http://mail.aub.edu.lb
- Log in using your AUBNet username and password
- Or download Outlook to your computer. Just follow the instructions here
- You can also conduct voice and video meetings remotely by using our WebEx communication and collaboration tool. For more information click here
- To perform regular tasks such as approving purchase requests, entering grades, submitting leave requests, etc. use your web browser to access Oracle EBS or Banner self-service as follows:
- If you are part of administrative units such as the registrar, admissions, HR, finance, INFOR or procurement, etc.… and need to perform “back-office operations", you will need to use our VPN service to access advanced functionality of your enterprise application by following the below instructions:
- Download the VPN app here
- Set up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) here
- Once installed, follow the instructions here to access the systems using the VPN and MFA
- To change your AUBnet password: if you are working from home and using a joined AUB laptop (i.e you are logging in to the laptop with your AUBnet credentials), please follow the below instructions when changing your AUBnet password:
Please note that support is available during working hours: Monday to Friday between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Security tips to work from home:
Think twice: Cybercriminals are using the fear of coronavirus to launch new phishing attacks on unsuspecting users. These criminals send emails impersonating AUB staff or claim to be from legitimate organizations pretending to hold essential information or offering advice regarding the virus. Think before you click.
Secure your connection: Do not use Public WIFI. Update your home routers’ software and make sure it is secured with a complex password and the strongest encryption WPA3.
Set auto log-out: If you walk away from your device, make sure you log out.
Back it up: Make sure you back up work-related materials. Make sure your OneDrive is up to date.
Check your Anti-Virus: Make sure your antivirus is running and reading the latest updates.
Own your device: Do not allow others to use your work-related device including family members, guests, and friends. You should own the device you use for work.
Update your software: Make sure to update the software that improves the security of your device.
Unique password: Use a unique password for each account you have (Instagram, Facebook, office 365, AUBSis,…) to decrease the probability that the phisher will get ahold of all of your social media profiles.
No personal USB drives: Avoid using USB drives as they can be a source of malware. Do not use personal USB drives on computers owned by AUB, and do not plug drives containing AUB data into your personal computer (refer to Department of Homeland Security for more info https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/tips/ST08-001)
Create A Cyber Secure Home: Refer SANS to create a Cyber Secure Home.